Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Old Soul - 1991


As I mentioned earlier, I met The Old Soul when I had finally figured out I didn't need a man to make me happy. I had connected with some great girls (women) from work who were really smart, career oriented and FUN! We all had great jobs, with good salaries and we were on our way up. We would go out every Friday after work and party it up, meet lots of guys, diss 'em and laugh about it on Monday.
We had figured out a great way to meet men. SIT AT THE BAR. Every man in the place eventually visits the bar!
On this particular night, three of us were out and sitting at the bar at a new brew pub in Denver. It was THE place to be. Giant circular bar in the middle, cute bartenders, focal point of the room. A man approached. He asked if he could squeeze in to order a drink. I said yes, if he could find me a smoke, (Early nineties and, yes, I only smoked when I was drinking, which is why I didn't have any smokes on me.)
So he walked away and brought back two friends; one smoker and The Old Soul. It was Like at first sight. He was darling. And YOUNG. I was a matronly 35 and he was 29 in eleven days. I lied about my age and said I was 32. That seemed SO much younger (really?). We chatted and proceeded to play the shot game. It had something to do with quarters and random shot selection. I was happy if I got the Sex on The Beach shot and not the Jagermeister.
At some point we ended up at my friend's condo which had a pool where we encouraged skinny dipping but the young bucks were too shy and went in their skivvy's and then the girls tricked them and didn't even participate. The Old Soul and I ended up making out in the condo and OMG, I swear it was the best kissing I ever experienced, before or since. Really. Stayed up late late late, even though he had a class (he was in law school, I found out) the next morning.
He called me next day, Saturday, we had our first date that Sunday, and the rest is history, which I will tell you about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment