Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reading


Tonight my sweet 12 year old, D2, read to me. We reviewed his grades and he's slipping so I told him he has to read to me now, every night, for 10 minutes. It turned out not to be a punishment, but lovely. We used to do this in elementary school as an assignment. It felt like a chore then, to him, and me, because we had to do it and I hadn't started pre-empty nesting. Contemplating about all the things we'll never do together again , all the things they have outgrown. All the things I am trying to recapture now. I will be a mess when they go to college...

1 comment:

  1. "Pre-empty nesting!" that's clever! I feel like I've been doing that since I stopped drinking. I'm so aware of time now. It goes so fast when i fail to notice it!

    What a nice thing to do together. And to be mindful. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete